We’re going to go all “bullet style” today because my thoughts are a little jumbled and bullets make me look a bit more organized.
- Last night was rough. Paisley decided that if she wasn’t being held that screaming was the only appropriate response. I was up with her from 1:30 until 4am & Joe lovingly took over for me from 4 until 6am when his alarm went off. I keep reminding myself to enjoy the overnight hours with her, they will soon be gone. Those reminders don’t really make you feel better at 3:30 in the morning.
- The girls and I braved the grocery store for the first time today. This adventure was my most dreaded thought when it came to having another baby. BUT! But, it was fine. The store was nearly empty so that was good. Not sure it would have gone so well if the store had been busy or had I been in a rush. Elle did however feel like she needed to pretend eat everything we walked past.
- I often have Elle help me remember to purchase certain things when we are about to go get groceries. Something like, “Elle, can you remind me to get banana’s when we are at the store?” She loves it & it seriously does help me (I am notorious for forgetting stuff at the store). But today she knew we were heading to get groceries and she said, “Mom, remind me to get donuts at the store, ok?” Ha! Smart kid.
- Yesterday we ventured to church for the first time since Paisley’s arrival. It was so nice to be back. I always feel so weird when we miss church.
- We told Elle about Brian Fellow’s passing last night. She instantly burst into tears. I was shocked. Not at all the reaction I expected. We really thought she would be more curious and less sad. She did calm down pretty quickly but she has mention him a couple times today. I did however crack up at Joe trying to sneak the fish to the toilet while I was consoling Elle. We hadn’t flushed him yet because we thought she may want to see him, but her reaction told us that we just need to move on. Joe quickly grabbed the fish bowl & walked backwards (past Elle) so she wouldn’t see what he had in his hands. It was a priceless parenting moment.
- I love love love this autumn like weather. Windows are open & probably will be all week! Now if only my fall clothes would fit.